Hello to you all. My name is Cody Jay.
For those of you who belong to Generation Y, welcome. You are my target audience. To everyone else.. well you’re also welcome, I’m sure much of this content will still be relevant to you. If not, be sure to pass it on to the relevant Gen Y’er in your life.
Since this is titled the ‘about’ page, I better tell you a little about me and why I started this blog…
About the Blog
I want to start a conversation (many in fact) around the key issues that affect Generation Y. From thoughts about bigger picture issues to dealing with common afflictions in the modern day. To make a change in the world, we have to first change our thoughts. With this blog, I hope to provide a platform that contributes towards this cause.
Beyond that, I want to provide a little motivation to get on with life. One of the biggest problems I had a few years back was endless planning and little action. That all changed in 2014 when a buddy and I sat down and started a blog called Dead at 30. The premise was, if you knew you were going to die at the age of 30 (we were 24 at the time), how would you choose to live in the interim? That deadline spurred me into action like nothing else and I encourage you to keep your mortality in mind if you want to get things done. There’s no motivation like it. Momento Mori.
Here are a few topics I will be writing about;
A Few Facts About Cody Jay (Me)
- Born 1990 (right in the middle of the millennial generation)
- Raised in Perth, Australia. I’ve lived here most of my life
- Currently undertaking the 7 Summits Project, aiming to climb the highest mountain on each continent
- I’ve contributed to raising over $100,000 for charity and causes since 2014. Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, Save the Children and the Oxfam Foundation have been the beneficiaries.
- I love reading.. usually aim to get through 52 books each year. Check out some books I recommend
- Love challenging myself physically in some regard; endurance challenges like ultra-marathons, climbing mountains, spending 15 hours on a treadmill all get me slightly aroused.
- I travel a lot. Have been through 30+ countries in the last 5 years.
- Organised a world record attempt for “Most Trees Planted Simultaneously” We planted 103,000 in an hour
- What do I do for work? Well.. that’s harder to explain. Stay tuned for a post coming up on this subject
*If you’re wandering why this domain is codyjay.info, well, some dick is sitting on the more generic ones. If you’re reading this, dick, I’m more than willing to buy one off you for a reasonable amount. Shoot me an email.